Saturday, March 7, 2009

Tao Yiu Bak...Yum yum.. !

Hey Sheila,
This blog is hot and fresh.. ! Just finish lunch, Mr L is doing some reading while waiting for me..before we go out for our weekly food shopping...
Here is the recipe I promised :)
TAO YIU BAK with POTATO & EGG
Ingredients:
Pork Belly (200g for 2)
2 hard boiled eggs
2-3 potatoes (more if you wish)
Dark Soy Sauce (lesser if Mr J does nt like too black)
2-3 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
Salt & Pepper (Pepper I did nt put as L dun like)
1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
2-3 cloves Garlic (smashed a bit)
1 big onion
1) List of the ingredients, rub the pork with salt and leave to stand for 10 mins then wash off.
2) Heat the pot, add oil. Add the garlic and onion to stir fry till fragant, dun burnt. (About 7 mins)
3) Add the pork in and stir fry, till oil from the pork run dry. Add all the sauces. Stir for 5 mins.
4) Add in potato and stir for 2-3 mins.
5) Add one bowl of water, pepper, salt.
6) When boil, add in the hard boiled egg. Leave to simmer for another 30 mins.

7) Serve hot with rice. (My rice I add the sambal from Ah Ma)..7th heaven..

Try out one day and let me know..you can add Tao Kwa if you have..even more complete!!!

1 comment:

Moments In Time said...

Oh my dear, how can you tease like that la???? I already can taste it with the sambal... my baby come out drooling it'll be all his Aunty Elene's fault! :)

This one have to wait for my mom to come only then she can cook... right now, it's crazy here... pang sai pun boh eng!

For now, I can only wish! But when my mom goes back and I'm all alone again, I have to try this!